The secret to a happy life is happy brain and to keep your brain happy you must keep it healthy. But today’s lifestyle habits like sleeping pattern, eating habits, and daily routine is posing a threat to its health and leading to mental disorders. Because of our poor lifestyle choices, many mental disorders can arise like depression, insomnia, schizophrenia, or Alzheimer’s disease.
• Hyperactivity: If someone is abnormally active, that it becomes difficult for the people around to manage them, then it can be a sign of mental disorders.
• Over-Aggressiveness: If you tend to become suddenly aggressive over small maters or observing an increased aggression over some time, you need to take a step back and think about it.
• Reduced interest: Feeling less and less interested in activities happening around you? Doesn’t want to socialize anymore? If you are suffering from these then there is high probability that you are suffering from depression.
• Over or under sleeping: 6-8 hours is the normal sleeping time required for a healthy lifestyle. But if you are having problem in sleeping or experiencing the need for sleeping more than this, then there can be underlying problem in it.
• Difficulty in concentrating: Weakening of mental health can lead to difficulty in concentration, effecting the daily working of an individual, specially affecting the children and making it hard for them to concentrate on studies.
• Suicidal thoughts: Having suicidal thoughts over any type of situation is not a normal thing. If you are having this type of thoughts them it’s important to talk about it with someone and seek expert attention.
• Weight loss/gain: Sudden unintentional change in weight can be a sign of a health problem. This can be associated with any of the mental or physical health. It’s important to understand the reason behind it.
These are majorly two reasons for mental disorders:
• Life style: Todays life style has made it difficult for us to maintain a proper diet and adding to it our physical activities has also decreased drastically. To ensure a healthy lifestyle specially for our mental health, we have to take care of these things:
1. Eating habits: Food is fuel to our body and inclusion of fast food to our daily is diet is big problem as they do not contain any nutrients which are essential for its proper working.
2. Insufficient rest: Today everybody is so busy in their life that they forget to provide sufficient rest to their brain. Brain has its capacity to work and if we over push it then it can malfunction.
3. Sleeping pattern: We all know that we should sleep 7-8 hours, and many of us also tries to achieve it. But what we neglect is the correct time of it. According to neurotherapy we must get 11:00pm to 2:00am sleep.
4. Lack of Physical activity: Inclusion of physical activity to our morning routine is a must. Our body is made this way, that it requires daily physical exercise to function properly. And it helps to maintain both mental as well as physical health.
• Hormonal imbalance: If understand it with help of anatomy, we will observe our top most gland is pineal gland after which pituitary gland comes and hypothalamus works as a mediator between them.
The pituitary gland is the ‘master gland’ as it controls the activities of most other hormone-secreting glands. If these glands do not secret hormones in proper quantity then it can lead to mental disorders.
For example, adrenal gland which is present above both the kidneys, which produces variety of hormones including:
1. Adrenaline: Also known as epinephrine, responsible for blood flow in our muscles in fight or flight situation, output of the heart, pupil dilation response, and blood sugar level. If these functions are not performed properly then it can lead to mental disorders.
2. Aldosterone: It is a steroid hormone, indirectly influencing the water retention or loss, blood pressure and blood volume. It’s improper functioning can lead to high blood pressure which is responsible for over aggression.
3. Cortisol: It also a steroid hormone, which helps to control stress and low blood glucose by increasing its release. It’s important to keep stress under check as is it a major contributor to depression.
Self-Treatment with Neurotherapy:
• Improve Sleeping Pattern: We all aware that we should get at least six hours of sleep, but ignores the time when we should be sleeping. We tend to sleep whenever we feel like it, it can 3:00 in the morning or 4:00 in the evening. But our sleeping pattern should be fixed and we must be sleeping between 11:00pm – 2:00am, for a healthy brain.
• Healthy Eating Habits: The type of food we eat affects the type of chemicals produces in our body, which affects the secretion of hormones. For healthy eating habits these things should be kept in mind:
1. Eat healthy: It’s important to eat keeping in mind the nutrients we receive from them. Fast food, which is becoming the part of our life at a very fast pace, is rich in fat and carbohydrates, but lacks in vitamins, minerals and proteins. So, we should shift towards home cook green vegetables, which are rich in nutrients.
2. Eat seasonal: Along with the nutrients, season of the fruits and vegetables should also be taken care of. We should only eat seasonal fruits and vegetables and avoid which are out of season, for example we should not consume peas in summer.
3. Eat on time: You should not only eat healthy but also eat on time. You should start your day with fruits between 8:00 – 8:30am, followed with lunch between 1:30 – 2:30pm. And your dinner should be between 8:00 – 8:30pm, but sometimes it’s not possible to have dinner at this time, so if you are planning on late dinner then it should be light means not including grains and relying on fresh fruits and vegetables.
• Regular Exercise: It’s important to include some physical exercise in your daily routine, especially in morning. Regular exercise is not only beneficial to our physical health but to our mental health also, as it affects the chemistry of our body. It helps in proper functioning of our organs and maintaining the acid – alkaline level of our body.
• Meditation: It is one of the most effective measure to take in case of depression. Mediation helps in fighting stress, anxiety and depression very effectively by usually our body’s own internal energy. It helps our brain to return to focus whenever it drifts of to negative emotions, helping in maintain its healthy.
Sometimes it’s not possible to treat these disorders by yourself, in which case you should immediately seek the attention of an expert.
But in this you have to make decision for the type of cure you are going for. If you are thinking to go for medication then you should be beware of its side-effects and their long-term effects like nausea, constipation, low blood sugar etc.
So, instead of medicines you should go for alternative method of medicine-less treatment, neurotherapy, which is based on ancient Indian study of natural medicines, acupressure and many more such techniques which are free from side effects. Visit our YouTube page to learn more about it or Contact us now to experience Neurotherapy.
Ph. no: +91-9718425042
Address: D-294 Basement Vivek Vihar Delhi.95