Insomnia is a condition which affects millions of people. It is a sleep disorder where people can face difficulty in sleeping or stay asleep.
There are two types of insomnia:
- Primary insomnia and Secondary insomnia.
• Individuals suffering from primary insomnia have problem in sleeping which is not directly linked with other health conditions or problems.
• Individuals sufferinf from secondary insomnia have issues with sleeping because of some health conditions like asthma, depression, arthiritis, or heartburn. Sometime secondary insomnia can be caused by pain or medication or even the consumption of alcohol.
- Acute & Chronic Insomnia
Acute and Chronic Insomnia are differentiated on basis of how long it lasts and how often it occurs. If it is for short-time, then it is known as acute insomnia and if lasts for long then it is known as chronic insomnia. Mostly, a chronic Insomnia occurs when a person has not slept for at least three nights a week for three months or longer.
What are the causes off Insomnia?
Causes for Acute Insomnia are:
• Significant Life Stress like a job change or job loss, death of a loved one or a divorce.
• Physical or emotional discomfort
• Factors caused in the Environmental like noise, light or extreme temperatures.
• Medications may also interfere with the sleep schedule.
• Diversion from normal sleep schedule (from jet lag)
Causes for Chronic Insomnia are:
• Depression or anxiety
• Chronic stress
• Pain or discomfort at night
Symptoms of Insomnia:
• Sleepiness during the day
• General tiredness
• Problems with concentration or memory
How is Insomnia diagnosed in modern medicine and Neurotherapy?
Usually while diagnosing Insomnia in modern medicine, the Doctor prescribes a lot of medicines. Medicines that can induce sleep, relieve stress or depression. These medicines can have ill-effects on your health. While you take treatment for one ailment you might need to take treatment for another ailment occurring because of previous medication.
On the other hands, insomnia can be treated with the help of Neurotherapy very easily and effectively. The Neurotherapy expert does not prescribes any medicines rather he finds the underlying reason for insomnia. The Neurotherapy expert then identifies the pressure points and applies pressure on them to cure insomnia by improving the blood flow and regulating the proper secretion of certain chemicals and hormones.
Neurotherapy has till now become the best option for curing individual because no prescription of medicines or surgery is involved. Moreover, it is an economical form of treatment as no equipment’s are used.