A migraine is a severe headache that many a times happens with nausea, vomiting, and sensitivity to light. They can be preceded or accompanied by sensory warning signs and other symptoms. Women are affected by migraines 3 times more often than men.
Medicines can bring relief to migraine but medicines often causes a lot of side-effects. Researchers have not yet found the main reason for migraine occuring in an idividual but it has been observed that migraine are related to changes in the brain and genes that run in the families.It is also observed that often the triggers that gives you headaches are also inherited through genes like fatigue, bright lights, weather changes, and others.
Migraines are triggered by:
• Stress – Even a little bit of stress can trigger migraine in some individuals.
• Food – Some foods can also trigger migraine such as cheese, alcohol is responsible for 30% of migraines.
• Caffeine – Catching up on too much of caffeine or while leaving the caffeine addiction, one can suffer from migraine.
• Changes in weather – Migraine can be triggered because of changes in weather conditions. Some people develop migraine under hot summers whereas some people develop migraines in winters. Weather is a major reason for trigger migraine.
• Periods – Periods can be bad, and one such reason is occurrence of migraine.
• Skipping meals
• Disturbance in sleep schedule
• Hormonal Changes
• Medications – Certain medications can also cause migraine.
Migraine headaches can also run in family.
Symptoms of Migraines:
• Sensitivity to light, noise and smell.
• Throbbing Pain
• Nausea and vomiting
• Loss of Appetite
• Feeling very warm or cold.
• Pale skin
• Blurred vision
There are 2 types of Migraine:
• Migraine with Aura (Classic Migraine)
• Migraine without Aura (Common Migraine)
How Neurotherapy treats Migraine?
The doctor makes the patient sit and presses his eyebrows and circulates it upwards and downwards. Then the doctor presses the back of the ears with his 3 fingers and repeats the process for 10-20 times.