The sciatic nerve is found to be the largest nerve in the body.
Sciatica is the pain that radiates across the sciatic nerve route which passes through your hips and buttocks and across each arm from your lower back. Sciatica generally affects only one side of your body.
Sciatica is lower extremity pain caused by irritation of the sciatic nerve.Sciatica pain is usually felt from the lower back (lumbar area) to behind the thigh and can radiate under the knee
Sciatica therapies rely on the underlying cause and pain severity.
• Most commonly caused because of lumbar disc herniation, directly pressing on the nerve.
• Pinched nerve from a disc.
• Irritation of nerve as a result from abnormal interverbal
• Loss of feeling in the leg
• Weakness in the leg
• Loss of bowel or bladder function.
• Age – Age related spinal problems herniated disc are common causes of sciatica.
• Obesity – Excess body weight can cause stress on your spine which trigger sciatica.
• Occupation – work that involves carrying heavy load or work that involves long hours of bending can cause sciatica.
• Prolonged sitting – sitting long hours are more likely to develop sciatica.
• Diabetes – Diabetes can cause nerve damage and thus triggering sciatica.
• Pregnancy – Pregnancy can also trigger sciatica.
How is sciatica diagnosed by Neurotherapy?
The Neurotherapy expert identifies the pressure points related to sciatica near the spine. The Neurotherapy expert then applies pressure on the point which helps the spine to be in proper shape and formation and also helps remove the stress on spine.